Saturday, May 28, 2011

Chocolate Wine...seriously???

It's no secret that the Winos' love wine and chocolate (well at least two of us love chocolate, the older sister - not so much).  Anyway...wouldn't you know that some genius decided to put both them together, in a bottle!  That's right folks Chocolate Wine is the new sensation, well at least it's new to us.
 
I read an article quite awhile ago about chocolate wine in a local newspaper, but I hadn't seen it in stores (well I really hadn't been looking for it).  So a few weeks back we stumbled upon a bottle of Chocovine at our local market, of course we had to give it a try. The wine is described as "a French Cabernet subtly combined with a rich dark chocolate from Holland."  Rich and chocolaty it is indeed.

Region: Holland
Producer: Team Products (a division of Dekuyper)
Year: N/A 
Color: Milky brown
Aroma: Decadent Chocolate
Alcohol: 14%


This is a wine that's best served chilled.  You can see the richness in the initial pour - oh it's thick ya'll. Those decadent legs cling to the glass like nobody's business! The smell is sinfully delicious and when you take that first heavenly sip...OMG! 
 
Chocovine is versatile you can drink it alone as an after dinner drink/dessert or you can use it to make other chocolaty drink delights: 


We give Chocovine:



If you like diversity you should know there are three different flavors: original, raspberry, and espresso. For more information on Chocovine visit the website and check out their Facebook page.

5 comments:

  1. I bought a bottle of this a couple of years ago after a taste test at our local Italian specialty market. I loved it then. Haven't opened it yet as I'm not a big drinker and it needs to be used within so many days of opening. When my daughter comes down, we'll use it to celebrate.

    Kar
    http://flipsidesanity.blogspot.com
    http://flipsideumami.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't really a new concept, it's just getting noticed now. Although I am not a huge fan of choc-wine or the chocolate liqueurs, I do like some of the mixed drinks on occasion and using the choc. liqueurs in dessert recipes is one of my favorite uses. Of course, I use wine in cooking all the time, as well as whiskeys in baking - delicioso!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will need to try Choco Noir... It's better and creamier... Better price too www.premiumblend/choconoir

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cafuentes59 - I haven't heard of Choco Noir, but I'm on the way to the website to check it out. Thanks so much for sharing the wino love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was aware of chocolate liqueurs, but not wines. It must sell well, anything with chocolate usually does.

    ReplyDelete