Saturday, March 12, 2011

Good times at 4th Street Vine

Last night the Winos’ hung out at 4th Street Vine, a wine bar in Long Beach, CA.  It was our first time going to a wine bar, so we didn’t know what to expect.  The atmosphere was pretty relaxed.  Seemed to be a great meet-up spot, there were several groups of friends laughing and conversing with each other. 
There was a small selection of wines for sale, including a fantastic Ice Wine (which is one of the most delicious wines you’ll ever taste, if you like sweet wines).  Big Sister decided on the Ice Wine, because she had never had it before, needless to say she LOVED it!!!  Little Sister decided to do a “Wines Around the World” tasting.  She didn’t like several of the tasting selections, simply because she is not really a red wine drinker.  
I tried the “French Wines” tasting, The first was a Bordeaux, which was pretty nice, a little dry, very oaky.  The rest of the wines were reds.  I am not necessarily a red wine lover, but I can appreciate a nice glass.  I did try to “taste” responsibly though, swirling and sniffing, checking out the “legs” and such.  Overall, I would venture to say that I enjoyed tasting the wine more than I ever had, simply because I had a broader view of what I should be looking for. 
I almost forgot to mention, the live music!  We were thoroughly entertained by the sounds of guitarist, Thor Jensen.  He was incredible!  Thor has a great voice and an great ear.  The sound was smooth and mellow, but you could totally grove to it.  We were bobbing our heads, swaying and shaking all night!
Overall the wine bar experience was good. On our way back to the car, we passed by the Moxie Skate Shop and wound up having a hilarious and insightful conversation with a skater named, Kamiko.  The Winos’ may have made a new friend!  We plan on getting together for a little “skate therapy” (as Kamiko calls it).  Maybe we can burn off some calories, clear our heads, and firm up these thighs!
Great night...good times had by all!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome time. I love the reds so I could've helped with leftovers ;) Skate therapy? Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete